...here's a little meme.
15 Random Facts About Me:
1) I have a lot of vivid memories from my childhood that I can recount repeatedly. I like telling them to my parents and then seeing/hearing their reactions when they can't believe I remember something so specifically.
2) I love Dan Mullins.
3) Some of my favorite foods remind me of the things that old people like to eat: Goetze's Caramel Creams candies, cold meatloaf sandwiches, pickled beets, canned apricots, gherkins.
4) I don't care for many Disney cartoon movies, and I feel like a BIG HUGE JERK for it. However, I love that traditional Disney movies are musicals, and I think that exposing children to films like these helps them appreciate musical theatre, which I think is very important.
5) In college, my friends kept blogs generated on blogger.com, and one day when I was on the main hub, the ticker that listed "Blogs of Note" featured a blog titled "Ramblings and Randomness," and I thought the title sounded fun and so I went to the blog. It is now one of my favorite blogs to follow. In fact, through that blog, I discovered a band which I came to love and got to see in Omaha a year later. I also feel like the writer is one of my friends, which is probably weird, since she doesn't even know me.
6) Another blog I love is orangette.blogspot.com. The content is brilliant. Molly Wizenberg is a great cook and a fabulous writer. So smart! So poetic! I just love her. (see also spilledmilkpodcast.com)
7) I love vinegar and vinegar-based sauces. Helloooooo, beurre blanc!
8) I get instantly ridiculous when I am near dogs. As soon as I see a dog, I'm all, "Awwww, who's a good doggy?! Who's a good puppydoggyface?! Who's Mommy's good dog?!" Ridiculous.
9) So far, with every job at which I have worked, I come to the realization that, "Wow, this is not what I want to do for the rest of my life." It's not a terribly promising means of career exploration.
10) I love to cook and to bake for myself, but the prospect of cooking and baking for others gives me heart palpitations. It makes me SO nervous.
11) My favorite parts of movies are the soundtracks and the ending credits.
12) My wardrobe staples are jeans, T-shirts, cardigans, and flats/Converse sneakers. I don't look great in anything I wear, but I don't feel comfortable in anything besides those four/five pieces.
13) My favorite things to read are nonfiction books focused on sociology and food. Hence, books like "Fast Food Nation" and "Kitchen Confidential" are some of my favorites. I also love, love, LOVE "The Man Who Ate Everything" by Jeffrey Steingarten; it's the perfect combination of well-crafted essays and well-informed culinary information and recommendations.
14) My favorite bands are (in no particular order) The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Guess Who, The Who, and Queen.
15) I don't know much about writing, much less writing well.
Welcome to me, and to my blog. Expect an excess of the inane. Everything else will come as a surprise to you and me both.